Sunday 10 October 2010

Shorthand For Dummies

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]

I love answering questions but I don't read "Text-Type"?

Dose anyone else have trouble reading this new shorthand which I understand is called "Text-type because it is used to test message on cell phones? Half of the time I get lost trying to figure out what some of thes abreviations mean? Is there a book called "Text-type for dummies?" Or can some one give me a quick lesson what it all means? I am putting this question here since a lot of teens read these questions and maybe one of them can help.


Some commonly used acronyms on texting are:

* 2: To or Too
* 4: For
* brb: Be Right Back
* gtg or g2g: Got To Go
* ttyl: Talk To You Later
* idk: I Don't Know
* idc: I Don't Care
* lol: Laugh(ing) Out Loud
* lmao: Laugh My Ass Off
* lmfao: Laugh My F***ing A** Off
* bfd: Big F***ing Deal
* rofl: Rolling On the Floor Laughing
* stfu: Shut The F*** Up
* ily: I Love You
* imy: I Miss You
* ppl: People
* mfb: Mother F***ing B***h
* idts: I Don't Think So
* yr/ur: Your
* r: Are
* u: You
* wtf: What The F***
* omg: Oh My God
* l8r: Later
* bfh: B***h From Hell
* bb: Bye Bye
* fyi: For Your Information
* hand: Have A Nice Day
* nsfw: Not Safe For Work

This site has them all plus the smilies:

http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/textmessageabbreviations.asp

Ron


Texting for Dummies 101









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]shorthand for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="10"]shorthand for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="10"]shorthand for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment