Thursday 11 March 2010

Iras For Dummies

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]

Help with my options for a Roth IRA?

Ok, so I started a ROTH IRA today with Ameritrade. I funded it. Now I'm at the point of trade. Keep in mind I'm a newborn to this, I was wondering if I divided my funds between 2 ETFs am I considered "Diverse" until I put more funds in to buy other securities such as bonds, cds, mutual funds(which I will probably invest less because I'm in my prime(late 20s)). I am researching through the ameritrade site and investing for dummies by the way. Any other advice for me? I'm chosing to go with the ETFs chosen by Suze Orman. My funds are equal to $3500. Thanks in Advance.
I'm going to do lump sum investing, once a year.


The answer lies in how "diverse" the makeup of the ETF is. Is it in a narrow range of a certain market sector, or a broad market sector?

Narrow might mean it's an energy related ETF. Broad might mean it has holdings that are in energy, retail, housing, metals, household goods, media, manufacturing, technology. If you have narrow holdings you are more likely to have up and down swings because you are dependent on one part of our economy.


St. Patrick's Day for Dummies









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]iras for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="10"]iras for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="10"]iras for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment