Tuesday 21 September 2010

Homeschooling For Dummies

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]

Homeschooling: How to convince my mom thats it is the right thing?

I started school in 1st grade after being home schooled or 1 year. I regretted it ever since. I want to go back to being home schooled, but my mom says I am to smart to be taught my a "dummy like me." Every time i try to talk to her she just blows me off and says she knows what is best. I am an honors student and i have never been bullied school is just the worst place for me. What should I tell her that might convince her that for once she is wrong and homeschooling and what I need and really want.


Juniorhighhater: Those people that you mention all had private tutors and are very wealthy. The 14yr year old girl that I mentioned below has rich parents and she said that they even sent her to China for a summer to learn Chinese, and the same for French. Will you graduate faster? Not always...

You didn't mention your grade/country/main language.

I am not being mean or offending, but you have very poor grammar. It is at the level of a 8/9yr old, or someone who learned English as a second language. If you are younger sorry you are where you should be, if you are older, be concerned and forget home-schooling. Reading/writing and the overall language skills are really defined at an early age. All kids should receive guidance and instruction from their parents regardless of being home/public/private educated. Whatever school choice is decided, you should try to force your parents into going over your class material daily.

Is home-schooling the best choice?
Sometimes it is and most of the time it's not. In college I seen a 14 yr old home-schooled student in Calculus III, and I have seen 22yr old home-schooled students who probably couldn't balance a checkbook. There is no correct answer really, the best choice would rely on the education your mother could provide to you.

Is your mother a college educated person who can and will take the time to properly educated you? If she is, it might be a good idea. If she has deficiencies in math/english/general science/history/etc.. for that grade level you are in, then it really wouldn't be a good choice, for you or America as a whole.

I do not know you or your situation and nobody on Yahoo can give you the correct answer. Just know that most people are not aware of their mistakes in school until later on in life. For most people that come to this realization is often to late to change it, and the ones who return to school often loose interest and leave.

I hated school as a child, I always took the easy way out (K-12) and had fun. I dropped out senior year of HS and life was a party, until I started to see my high school friends getting married and making 100k at 24 years old. I since then changed my entire attitude about everything related to school and have set goals that even I thought were impossible. I am almost done with college and that change I made was the biggest and best decision that I have made or will make in my life.

My strengths are in math and science, but I do acknowledge that my language skills are my biggest flaw or weakness. For that reason alone I will make sure that when I have children they will only know of a life that consists of 20 years of school and thousands of hours of studying.


Can You Homeschool And Work At Home?









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]homeschooling for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="10"]homeschooling for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="10"]homeschooling for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment