Thursday 4 August 2011

Trigonometry For Dummies

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]

Conceptual understanding of electromagetism from the perspectiveof Maxwell?

I know next to nothing about electromagnetism, except that that is light. I know charge in motion turns into a magnetic field and that a magnetic field in motion turns into a charge field. I think someone once told me that sin^2 + cos^2 = 1 was related to how the light wave was in a three-dimensional way of looking at it, and that somehow a magnetic field and a charge field are at 90 degree angles to each other and (if graphed on a 3-D graph). One would be a sin wave compared to a cos wave,with one being a magnetic field and the other being a charge field. I don't need any advanced mathematics (I am barely getting a taste of derivates in my study of Calculus, and that is not very advanced compared to the math that I have found on the internet about Maxwell's equations). I also have a very small taste of trigonometry at this point. If you would like to give me a "Maxwell's explanation for dummies" I would appreciate it. LOL. Thanks.


I do not know what are Maxwell's Dummies. i shall try to find out.
Normally if an electromagnetic wave is traveling along positive x-direction. Then most simply it is a plane polarized wave. so at every point along x axis there is Electric field in Y direction only and its magnitude will be fluctuating simple harmonically with time. Similarly magnetic field will be fluctuating along z direction only and the phase of their instantaneous value will be shifting along positive x-axis with speed of light.

Sometimes the E-vector may rotate in the yz plane with same magnitude at the revolution frequency of the e m wave. Such a condition is known as c(theta) and cosine(theta), respectively as H vector has always to be perpendicular to E it would also undergo similar changes. This is what some one must have referred to you as sin^2 + cos^2 , I think.


Math Tutorial - Deriving the Quadratic Formula









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]trigonometry for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="10"]trigonometry for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="10"]trigonometry for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment