Friday 30 April 2010

Websphere For Dummies

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]

I need help with data handling to show in tables (Portlet Factory)?

I am using Java and XML to code a project and I'm facing a problem... I am using SQL to pull a list of cities... the data shows up like this:

Atlanta
Raleigh
New York
Denver
San Francisco
London

but I want it to look like this
Atlanta New York San Francisco
Raleigh Denver London

How can I do this without having to create a dummy table in SQL, since I did this but there are some cases where my query includes less Cities, for example
Atlanta New York
Raleigh Denver

and I face a problem since I cannot make the empty columns disappear... just in case, I'm building this with Websphere Portlet Factory


hey! it was your "just in case" that made me answer!

if it's going to wind up on the web, it is formatted according to html rules! as long as it's in the same tag, the cities will be flowed and formatted as fits best.


Atlanta
Raleigh
New York
Denver
San Francisco
London


is displayed as

Atlanta New York San Francisco
Raleigh Denver London




[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]websphere for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="10"]websphere for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="10"]websphere for dummies[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment